Calgary is such a great place for families to live. There are always so many things to do year-round, but in February, the City of Calgary puts extra effort into making sure there's something fun for everyone to enjoy. So much is going on, in fact, that you could enjoy exciting family activities every day of the month!
Most of us, of course, probably don't have the time or energy for a different event every day. But if you're looking for some unique ways to spend your time, it's easy to find new things to enjoy your family and and our city, with a variety of activities on offer for kids of all ages.
Here's what you can do in February to celebrate Family Month:
- Every Wednesday night, from 6-8 pm in February, enjoy special family activities and a 30% family discount, at Village Square Leisure Centre, 2623 56 St. NE.
- February 5, from 11:30 am to 3:30 pm, play games and have fun at South Leisure centre, 2000 Southland Drive, SW or at Village Square Leisure Centre, 2623 56 St. NE. Regular admission rates apply.
- February 8, enjoy a free family skate from 7-8:30 pm, at the Village Square Leisure Centre, 2623 56 St. NE. Complimentary hot chocolate will be flowing!
- February 15, take advantage of another family skate, free of charge, from 6:45-8:15, at Southland Leisure Centre. Skates will be available for rent for those who don't yet have a pair of blades of their own.
- February 18, partake in free indoor golf activities, prizes, pizza, and benefit from professional golf advice, from 9:30-11:30 am, at National Golf Academy Dome, 50 50th Ave. SW. This drop-in event promises to be a good one, with CPGA pros in the house.
- February 22, play games and participate in free arts and crafts, at the free Family Fun Night, from 6-8 pm, at Village Square Leisure Centre, 2623 56 St. NE.
- February 26, experience the thrill of a family tropical fish hunt adventure, right in the pool, from 9-11 am, at the Southland Leisure Centre 2000 Southland Drive SW. Little minnows who don't quite have their gills yet will be entertained with games on the pool deck. Regular rates in effect.
- Throughout the month, you can become a Calgary tourist. Renew your civic pride by seeing your city from the eyes of a visitor. Visit the Fort Calgary Historic Park, Olympic Plaza, Calgary Zoo, Heritage Park, or become part of the audience at a movie or a live theatre event. If you prefer quieter activities, visit some of Calgary's parks and gardens, go for a walk or a hike and enjoy Calgary's great outdoors. The unspoiled natural beauty of Calgary's parks is one of this city's greatest treasures.
Submitted by the Marta Raczkowska writing team.